Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bloody Eyeballs!

Ok, so they're not really bloody eyeballs, but they look like it , right? These are actually cherries that I canned yesterday ( I know, boring compared to eyeballs, but much tastier). Lia helped me while I was pitting the cherries, and it looked like we were in an episode of CSI- our hands were covered in cherry "blood", there were blood spatters all over the counter, and my skeleton apron had blood dripping from it LOL. Wish I had taken a picture of the crime scene, but it's hard to do with blood on your hands ;o) I was able to can a total of 13 pints of cherries. I haven't tested these out yet, but Caleb has and he declared them "yummy".

So far this summer, I've canned 16 pints of peaches, 15 pints of pineapples, 13 pints of cherries, and 8 half-pints of blueberry jam. This is way more than I've ever done previously, and I have plans for lots more. Come check back later for more delicious crime scenes!

1 comment:

  1. So funny -- I was just talking to Rachel about canning today (tomato sauce) and said that we should have you come over and teach us! lol Welcome to the blog-o-sphere! :)

    ReplyDelete